They asked for a preliminary ux audit and study before working on a new website.
The agency in charge, FCINQ, always looks first at what the end users need before thinking about solutions.
So, the User Research phase needs to be exhaustive, and we have to think about all the people involved with the service. This includes people working for Campusea - the resident managers, salesforces, the partners and the students.
We ended up with 7 users archetypes.
Main goal was to smooth the customer user journey -of course- but also simplify employee's life, interacting everyday with their website.
I was able to write the conductor interviews with some hints about their potential pain points and frustrations.
So I prepared 30-45min interviews for the 7 typologies of users, looking at the empathy maps to target some information we wanted to have.
The goals were to confirm/infirm some assumptions, and ask open questions to gather new informations we didn't think of.
9 interviews were recorded and we gathered a lot of information to understand what the struggles were, and how digital tools could help solving it.
At the end of the interviews, I was able to make relevant personae for each user archetype, so the design team (and the client) could envision users with real information.
But this is how powerful insights come.
I did some recommendations slides based on what I heard during the interviews: recurrent complaints, technical issues and most important part, users' wishes.